Britney Spears Biography | Age | Facts And More
This lady, Britney Spears needs no introduction as everybody around the world knows about her versatility. She is a singer, dancer and also an actress.
Britney Spears was born on December 2nd 1981 in McComb, Mississippi, United States to James Parnell Spears and Lynne Spears. But later she was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana as she was performing television shows and acting roles in stage productions as a child. Britney Spears age is 36 as of 2017.
Britney Jean Spears debut album Baby One More Time in 1999 and second album Oops!…I Did It Again in 2000 were massive hits around the world and she became the best selling teenage artist of all time. She was credited as “Teen Pop” and also referred as “Princess Of Pop”.
After these two successful albums, Britney also has a bunch of other successful albums and filmographies.
Her Albums were –
- Britney (2001)
- In the Zone (2003)
- Blackout (2007)
- Circus (2008)
- Femme Fatale (2011)
- Britney Jean (2013)
- Glory (2016)
And Filmography –
- Longshot (2001)
- Crossroads (2002)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)
- Pauly Shore Is Dead (2003)
- Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004)
Other than albums and filmographies, she has many successful tours around the globe.
Her Tours –
- Baby One More Time Tour (1999–2000)
- Crazy 2k Tour (2000)
- Oops!… I Did It Again Tour (2000–2001)
- Dream Within a Dream Tour (2001–2002)
- The Onyx Hotel Tour (2004)
- The M+M’s Tour (2007)
- The Circus Starring Britney Spears (2009)
- Femme Fatale Tour (2011)
- The piece of Me Tour (2017–2018)
Her Biography At A Glance –
You May Also Like – Biography of Boy George
Facts Of Britney Spears –
- Britney had given auditioned for the “Mickey Mouse Club” but she was too young to be selected. But her performance had impressed the authorities and Disney referred her to an agent. So her mother and she moved to New York.
- On the Children & Variety show, Britney, along with Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, and actress Keri Russell appeared for two seasons.
- Britney was an accomplished Gymnast when she was only nine years old. In her childhood, she lost the second round of the talent show “Star Search”.
- Britney’s dogs have names and breeds of her ethnicity (British and Maltese) in their nomenclature. One of them is Yorkshire Terrier named “London” and the other one is a White Maltese Dog named “Lacy”.
- Justin Timberlake broke up with Britney Spears for the reason that she had cheated on him. But the reason has not been confirmed yet. Justin in his music video “Cry Me A River” has a striking resemblance with Britney.
- Britney Spears had gained popularity or stardom with the song “Baby One more time” in 1999 and “Oops!…I Did It Again” in 2000. But the song “Baby One more time” was originally intended for TLC.
- The movie “Crossroads (2001)”, which was Britney Spears first and last movie was a commercial success. The movie was written by Shonda Rhimes, who created some well-known TV series like “Scandal and Grey Anatomy”.
- In the series Dukes of Hazzard, the role of Daisy Duke was initially supposed to be played by Britney Spears, which eventually went to Jessica Simpson.
- On her career, she has received over 6 MTV Music Awards, 9 Billboard Music Awards and 1 Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for “Toxic” in 2005. Whether it was a coincidence or intention, that her song “3”s” duration is 3:33.
- In the Celebrity Perfume Market, Britney’s line of fragrances is so important that they make a huge share of 34%.
- Crossroads actor Anson mount has pranked her by eating a full spoon of garlic before their big on-screen kiss, to disgust Britney.
- She took the charge of creative control for her fourth album “In the Zone” and feature the globally successful number Toxic.
- In the 21st century, Britney was the best-selling artist for most of the first decade.
- In the MTV Video Awards Show performance in 2001, Britney used a python and a caged tiger. For that, she was dropped by PETA from the position of a substantial spokesperson.
- Once due to her carelessness, her house would have catch fire but luckily it didn’t.
- Britney Spears had created history for being the Shortest Marriage with Jason Alexander for a total of about 55 hours! But the marriage was annulled thereafter.
- Britney had acted in Broadway before she had made to the music industry. Also, she understudies with Natalie Portman for an off-broadway show Ruthless!
- Her mother Lynne Irene and Spears have together written a book “Heart to Heart”, which is about Britney’s life. Lynne also wrote “A Mother’s Gift” and a Journal: “Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World.”
- She and Timberlake brought toilet seats for each other for around $21000 with their own faces on them.
- Britney Spears went through a rough patch in her life after her aunt’s death as well as her divorce with Kevin Federline in 2007. She also lost the custody for her kids for being absent in the court trials. She went bald and also attacked the Paparazzi with an umbrella!
- On holidays, she likes to relax and spend time with her sons.
- Britney has appeared on a popular TV shows like “How I Met Your Mother” and “X-Factor”. For “X-Factor” she was paid $15 million to appear and became the highest paid judge for a reality show.
- Britney Spears was unaware of the fact that her Mic was on, where she accidentally swore and screamed at the crew, right before a show.
- She started dating Kevin Federline when his then present girlfriend Shar Jackson was already pregnant with his baby.
- Britney is not very good for doing lip synchronisation during her TV or live performances.
- In 2003 MTV Music Awards, Madonna had kissed both Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at the end, which got the show more popularity than the event itself.
- Spears did not have a mobile phone for three years (2008-2011) when she had a hiatus because of emotional break-down.